Sunday, October 2, 2011



one of my favourite parts of my trip was seeing night moscow. as i may have mentioned before, when i was preparing for my trip, i thought i wouldn't be able to go out at night because i was traveling alone. thanks to my new russian friends, i was able to see the city, lit up in all it's after hour glory. and it may be touristy, but i loved st. basils cathedral and everything around red square, lit up against the night.

the night this photo was taken it was particularly cold, but i dragged konstantine, lena, and zhenya across the bridge to catch the best night view. everyone was shivering, but they humored me while i marveled at their glittery city. konstantine told me they never really look at it, as they live there and the wonder is pretty much gone... i thought it interesting because, though new york has been my home for 7 years, i am always blown away by the beauty of the skyline, day and night. the brooklyn bridge... the empire state building... the chrysler building... even the met life building... even the statue of liberty... it's all so amazing and beautiful... no matter how many times i see it, it's often like i am seeing it for the first time...
but i get what he means...

anywayyyy... i loved night moscow and i am thankful i was able to traipse about and see it.

No comments: