Friday, September 5, 2008

ten years gone.

the most beautiful song I know is 'ten years gone' by led zepplin. i listen to it almost every day, especially when I am sad, which is... maybe not always the best idea because it only makes me more sad. (I suppose it's a good sad though.)

there's a guitar solo after the lyrics, "changes fill my time, baby, that’s alright with me/ in the midst I think of you, and how it used to be..." and the notes sound exactly how my heart feels when I am thinking of someone that I miss.

sometimes I read song lyric reactions on sing365 (online)... today I did that for this song...

great | Reviewer: chris| 5/17/2007
This is the most beautiful song i have ever heard...

My Sweet Love |
Reviewer: zondra | 4/27/2007
This song has haunted me for so many years. The lyrics are beautiful and say what is in my soul for my lost love.

...still makes me cry |
Reviewer: kevin | 1/1/2008
for me, its called, 22 years gone. i still love that girl from then. I've seen her recently, and found my love is still as strong as ever.this song is the perfect explanation of us. i miss her tremendously. i love you, jessica whitley, with everything iam. I would do anything for your love.

amazing! |
Reviewer: brig| 12/31/2007
i'm 30 and it's been ten years since i "lost" (in some sense of the word) a loved-one and... if my calloused heart could sing, this is what it would sound like. awesome!

open to interpretation |
Reviewer: josh | 12/11/2007
i think this song is a great representation of our deepest desire to love and be loved. who hasnt lost somebody they love? it hurts. sometimes you can never let something go completely. but its better to remember the good things that youve shared with that person. it heals you. i think thats what plant was trying to say.
"changes fill my time, baby thats allright with me. in the midst i think of you, and how it used to be"

at the same time whats great about this song is that even if you arent dealing with that same kind of hurt, the lyrics are broad enough to reach out to people in all kinds of situations.
-peace-

not really a review I guess |
Reviewer: geo epileptic | 8/23/2007
...and I remember, I heard this song...so fierce and sad and beautiful..it was like someone had slid their hand into my gut and was squeezing my stomach just a little...and now everytime I play this song I remember that place...so weird... to be sad and scary and beautiful at the same time

zeppelin=music |
Reviewer: Braden| 7/4/2007
I don't even know what to say...this song is just...man. zeppelin is just beyond anything else

greatest | Reviewer: Esther | 9/15/2007
for me it's a very special song, and maybe Zep's best. I left the love of my life to marry someone else, just to return after almost 10 years to my big love... you all understand the meaning of the song to me now......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow. im not sure if i have heard that song but now i will definitely have to!